“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”
― Mark Twain
Everybody likes to travel and go to new places every now and then. Visiting newer places is a very good way to heal ourselves. On deeper level a journey also touches our soul. It is as much a inward journey as it is outward. Here are some deeper spiritual reasons to travel and explore new places.
- Traveling is not just about going to new places but also about receiving new places within us.
- Traveling is not only about finding the perfect cuisine to try but is it is also about finding us within ourselves.
- It is also about knowing ourselves in a completely different way in how we react to certain new scenarios.
- It is not just about a sight of beauty but also how a sight of beauty impresses us . A beautiful natural scenery reveals what is already beautiful within us.
- It is not only about perfect place we like but also equally about what we dislike and why.
- It is not just about going through the list of things we like or dislike, but it is also about knowing how deeply are we hooked into this dichotomy of likes and dislikes.
- It is not just about being comfortable during our travel but also about knowing what is the boundary of our comfort zone.
- It is also about how much can we stretch the boundary of our comfort zone.
- Traveling is not only about seeing the beautiful sight, it is also about being lost in the sight and again finding ourselves completely new.
- Traveling is not just about one tick mark in our bucket list but it is the process of being one with the explorer within ourselves who prepared the bucket list.
Image courtesy Pixabay
Thank you so much for reading this far
May peace be with you